Apopka's growth is on track to position it as one of the most desirable suburbs of Orlando, potentially becoming the "Lake Nona" of the Northwestern Orlando area. In addition to all of the beautiful natural parks, springs, and state preserves Apopka has had to offer for years, we have these major changes coming that will bring Apopka into the running to be the best Orlando Suburb to live in:
- The Wekiva Parkway project is nearing completion. It will finish out a much needed Toll Road bypass loop around Orlando. It will complement with the 417 to the South and East to provide easy access from Apopka to nearly anywhere around Central Florida without having to drive through downtown. From my own home in Apopka, I can be at OIA, Downtown Orlando, Maitland, the attractions, or just about anywhere else in under 30 minutes.
- Kelly Park Crossing is a massive 624 Acre development in northern Apopka that will take several decades to be completed. It will eventually have 1550 new homes, 178 acres of warehouse and light industrial, a new community college, and 93 acres of parks. Retail, office buildings, a hotel, and even a new hospital are all in the talks for the development as well.
- Florida Hospital just finished building an absolutely gorgeous new campus in Apopka, near the hub of SR414, SR451, and SR429. The land all around the hospital is still undeveloped, but there are talks of it being built out with medical offices and off-site facilities, similar to the Lake Nona area. In addition, there are plans for redevelopment of the old FL Hospital Campus into private medical offices and possibly some dining along Park Ave in Apopka.
- Apopka has a new Splash Pad that was built at Kit Land Nelson Park and the playground there is currently being refreshed.
- Developers and national builders are building and selling houses in neighborhoods all over town!
- Investors are bringing life back to some of the most charming houses from the early 1900's. Move-in ready rehabs as well as homes still needing the full rehab are bought and sold on the market often!
Apopka is Growing, have you looked at properties here yet?